Telescopic short cardan shaft Coupling(SWP-B)
Cardan shaft is widely used in rolling mill, punch, straightener, crusher, ship drive, paper making equipment, common machinery, water pump equipment, test bench, and other mechanical applications.
1. Low life-cycle costs and long service life;
2. Increase productivity;
3. Professional and innovative solutions;
4. Reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and environmental protection;
5. High torque capacity even at large deflection angles;
6. Easy to move and run smoothly;
SWP partition profile bearing the cross shaft universal coupling products: replacement of bearings for, SWP type cardan design bearing split shaft bolt, suitable for hoisting and conveying machinery and other heavy machinery, connecting 2 different axis transmission shaft, axis angle of A~F type not more than 10 degrees, the G type is not greater than 5 degrees.
Packaging & Shipping
HangZhou CZPT Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Phasing in Cardan Couplings and Its Impact on Performance
The concept of phasing in cardan couplings refers to the alignment of the universal joints’ yokes or flanges on the input and output shafts. Proper phasing is essential to minimize angular misalignment and maintain smooth rotational motion. When the yokes of the universal joints are not aligned correctly, it can result in uneven torque transmission, increased wear, and vibrations.
Phasing affects the performance of cardan couplings in several ways:
- Uniform Torque Transmission: Proper phasing ensures that torque is evenly distributed between the input and output shafts, reducing the risk of overloading individual universal joints.
- Reduced Vibrations: Correctly phased universal joints minimize angular misalignment, which helps reduce vibrations and noise in the machinery system.
- Extended Lifespan: Improved phasing leads to reduced wear and stress on the universal joint components, extending the overall lifespan of the coupling.
- Efficient Power Transmission: Proper phasing contributes to efficient power transmission by minimizing energy losses due to misalignment.
To achieve proper phasing, manufacturers often provide guidelines or marks on the coupling components to ensure accurate alignment. It’s essential to follow these guidelines during installation and any maintenance or adjustments to maintain optimal performance and reliability of the cardan coupling.
Handling High Torque and Axial Displacement with Cardan Couplings
Cardan couplings, also known as universal joints or u-joints, are designed to transmit torque between two shafts that are not in a straight line. They are versatile components commonly used in various applications, including those requiring high torque and axial displacement.
Handling High Torque: Cardan couplings are capable of handling high levels of torque transmission due to their robust design and construction. The design allows for torque to be transmitted through a series of interconnected components, including the cross-shaped yokes and the bearing assemblies. The use of high-strength materials and precision manufacturing techniques contributes to the coupling’s ability to transmit torque efficiently.
Handling Axial Displacement: While cardan couplings are primarily designed for accommodating angular misalignment, they can also handle a certain degree of axial displacement. Axial displacement refers to the movement of the connected shafts along their axis. However, the axial displacement capacity of a cardan coupling is limited compared to its ability to handle angular misalignment.
It’s important to note that excessive torque or axial displacement beyond the coupling’s design limits can lead to premature wear, increased vibrations, and reduced performance. Manufacturers provide specifications and guidelines for the maximum torque and axial displacement that a specific cardan coupling can handle. Engineers and designers should adhere to these specifications to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the coupling in their applications.
What is a cardan coupling and how is it used in mechanical systems?
A cardan coupling, also known as a universal joint or U-joint coupling, is a mechanical component used to transmit torque between two shafts that are not in alignment but intersect at an angle. It consists of a cross-shaped yoke with two perpendicular shafts connected at its ends, allowing the transmission of rotational motion even when the shafts are at different angles to each other. Cardan couplings are widely used in mechanical systems to transmit torque and motion where angular misalignment is present.
Here’s how a cardan coupling works and how it is used in mechanical systems:
- Angular Misalignment: Cardan couplings are designed to accommodate angular misalignment between shafts. They can transmit torque between shafts that are at an angle to each other, typically up to 45 degrees. This ability to handle misalignment makes them suitable for various applications.
- Components: A cardan coupling consists of a cross-shaped yoke with four arms, two of which are connected to the input and output shafts. The two remaining arms are connected to each other through a bearing, which allows for the rotational motion.
- Transmitting Torque: As one shaft rotates, it imparts angular motion to the yoke. This angular motion is transferred to the other shaft through the bearing, allowing torque to be transmitted even when the shafts are not collinear.
- Application: Cardan couplings are used in various applications, including automotive drivetrains, industrial machinery, agricultural equipment, and even in some aerospace systems. They are often found in places where it’s necessary to transmit torque between non-parallel shafts while allowing for some degree of flexibility.
- Advantages: Cardan couplings are simple in design, relatively compact, and provide a cost-effective solution for transmitting torque in cases of angular misalignment. They are also capable of transmitting high torques while compensating for misalignment.
- Limitations: Cardan couplings have limitations in terms of the angle they can handle, and at extreme angles, they may produce uneven torque output due to their design. They can also introduce some degree of vibration and require periodic maintenance.
In mechanical systems, cardan couplings are used in various applications where the alignment between shafts cannot be maintained, such as in vehicles with independent suspension systems, industrial machinery with non-parallel shafts, and applications where flexibility and torque transmission are required despite angular misalignment.
editor by CX 2023-08-18