1. For gear coupling, put the outer ring on the half coupling and install a suitable baffle on the flange of the half coupling, and fix the outer ring and half coupling with screws.
2. Fill the nylon rod into the hole between the outer ring and the half coupling.
3. Install the other half coupling in the outer ring.
4. Put another nylon rod into the hole of the outer ring and the half coupling.
5. Use screws to fix the other baffle to the outer ring of the coupling.
Gear couplings are mechanical parts used to connect two shafts (driving shaft and driven shaft) in different mechanisms so that they can rotate together to transmit torque.In high-speed and heavy-load power transmission, some couplings also have the function of buffering, damping and improving the dynamic performance of the shafting.The coupling is composed of two halves, which are respectively connected with the driving shaft and the driven shaft.The general power machine is mostly connected with the working machine by means of a coupling.
When the coupling is installed on the shaft, the common installation methods are static press-in and dynamic press-in. The verticality and coaxiality of the coupling and the shaft should be carefully checked.Generally, it depends on whether the fit of the shaft is transition fit or interference fit. Now let’s introduce the installation methods of static and dynamic press-in methods:
(1) Static press-in method: This method is based on the size of the press-in force required during assembly, using clamps, jacks, manual or motorized presses. The static press-in method is generally used for tapered shaft holes. .Because the static press-in method is restricted by the pressure machine, it is difficult to apply a large force when the interference is large.At the same time, the uneven small peaks on the mating surface between the coupling and the shaft will be cut off during the press-in process, causing the mating surface to be damaged.Therefore, this method is generally not widely used.
(2) Power press-in method: This method refers to the use of impact tools or machinery to complete the assembly process. It is generally used in situations where the coupling and shaft fit is transitional or has little interference.At the assembly site, the method of hammering is usually used. The method is to put wooden blocks or other soft materials on the end surface of the wheel hub as a buffer, and rely on the impact force of the hand hammer to knock the coupling in.